Wednesday 27 February 2013

Five minutes of fame

There wasn’t any mingling – my Word of the Week post below was just wishful thinking – but I did get a little glimpse of the celebrity lifestyle when I was presented with my prize for coming joint third in the 2012 A.Vogel Dormeasan ShortStory Competition.

© Bioforce (UK) Ltd 2013
I was invited to go to Bourne (Lincolnshire) where I met David Shepherd from the company that sponsored the competition. I had my photo taken as I received a cheque and goody bag and, as it would have been a bit of an anticlimax to go straight back home afterwards, I gave myself the rest of the day off. I enjoyed a leisurely look round the town, did a bit of shopping, and treated my chauffeur/personal assistant (otherwise known as husband) to lunch.

I could get used to this!

6 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Oh well done, congratulations :)

penandpaints said...

Hi
Congratulations on your short story competition prize, I'm glad you enjoyed your day which sounded lovely! PS Thanks for popping in at my blog!

Linda D said...

Thank you, thank you!
(At least I didn't have to make a speech!)

beejay said...

A nice experience anyway, following your well-deserved win.

Anonymous said...

Blimey Linda, joint third!!! There were millions of people entered that competition. Well done.

Linda D said...

Not quite a million, Susan, but yes I was very chuffed, thank you!