Sunday 13 December 2015

It’s (nearly) Christmas!


Have you got that tingly Christmas feeling yet? Or are you muttering ‘Bah, humbug!’ every time you hear a Christmas song? Are you eagerly counting off the days on your advent calendar? Or already wishing it was over, stressed out with all the preparations?

Whatever your state of Christmas readiness, here’s the perfect remedy to cheer you up, calm you down, and get you in exactly the right mood.

Hang a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door, prepare your favourite tea, coffee, hot chocolate (or perhaps a glass of something stronger?), and enjoy ten minutes of ‘me’ time while you settle down with a Christmas short story from Alfie Dog Fiction. There are lots to choose from this year: some to make you laugh, some to make you sigh, many to remind you what this festive season should be about.

Oh yes, and there’s this one.

http://alfiedog.com/fiction/stories/christmas/one-small-tree-linda-daunter/

Ebook stories also make inexpensive stocking fillers, perfect for anyone you know who’s hoping Father Christmas will bring them a new tablet, laptop or iphone.

And for those who prefer ‘real’ books, Alfie Dog offers paperback editions of its anthologies, short story collections and novels.    

How many days is it now?

5 comments:

joanne fox said...

Takes me ages to get into the Christmassy feeling, but once I do it'll be full steam ahead! I seem to have no space for the Christmas tree since we rearranged the furniture, and the cards are flooding in so fast that I need something to hang them on a.s.a.p. I can't tell you how many days it is. Probably not enough!

Patsy said...

I'm a bit bah humbuggy - I'd like Christmas far more if it didn't seem to start in September!

Linda D said...

Yes, I prefer to leave it all to the last minute.

Wendy's Writing said...

I love everything about Christmas (except for the shops and the car parks).

jhewman said...

A good Christmas story does the trick for me.