Monday 10 October 2016

Updates and upgrades

What an exasperating exciting time I’ve been having.

Here are just a few of the ups and downs I’ve had to deal with over the past 2 months.

😧 Computer crashed and was sent away for repair.
🙂 Was able to use iPad and borrowed laptop instead.
🤔 Had to learn how to use iPad and laptop.
😧 Camera developed a fault.
🙁 Advised that replacing camera was best option.
😃 New camera more powerful and with more features.
🤔 Had to learn how to use new camera.
🙁 Needed new camera software on computer.
😕 Computer still being repaired.
😃 Repaired computer returned with new hard drive.
 😕 Took 3 days to reinstall software and saved files.
 😬 Computer crashed, sent for repair again.
 🤔 Had a look at new computers.
 😃 Shiny new computer!
 🤔 Had to learn how to use shiny new computer.
 🙂 All set to resume regular blogging.
 😕 Not happy with Blogger changes.
 🙂 Decided to move blog to Weebly.
 🤔 Easier said than done!

I keep telling myself it's good to learn new things, but I could really do with an updated, upgraded brain.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

10 comments:

Susan A Eames said...

Oh, poor you, Linda! What an ongoing ordeal - but thank you for blogging about it in such a way as to make me chuckle - albeit wryly! :)

Susan A Eames at
Travel, Fiction and Photos

Wendy's Writing said...

All in all a bit of a learning curve then!

Linda D said...

More of a very steep learning cliff, Wendy!

Patsy said...

Technology is great when it works and a real pain when anything goes wrong.

PS I tried Weebly and gave up.

Linda D said...

Yes, Patsy, I can't help wondering if all this 'progress' is really only making our lives more complicated!
I'm trying out a Weebly blog because I used them for my website and thought I could find my way around on there okay, but they will keep adding on 'improvements'!

Daisy Debs said...

Well I think you're very clever for knowing how to tap out a word and put a line through it ! I cant do that ! LOL ! x

Linda D said...

Thanks for popping in, Debs. It took me a while to discover that trick too! If you use Word software for typing your blog posts look for a symbol in the toolbar that shows abc with a line through it (on mine it's next to the B - for bold, I - for italic, U - for underline symbols. Highlight/ select the text you want to strikethrough and then click the abc symbol. I like to call it magic.

Suzanne Furness said...

Oh dear, Linda sorry to hear about all your technology issues. Mine have been tiresome enough but sounds like you have been really run ragged. I like your positive attitude though, always good to learn new things! Hope you're back on track real soon.

Julia Thorley said...

Paper and pencil, anyone?

Linda D said...

And a return to snail mail, Julia :)