Thursday 10 September 2015

Time out


      A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.  (Eugene Ionesco)

Although I agree completely with the above quotation, I’m really going to work hard at taking a two-week break from my writing. See you when I get back!

 * * *

With thanks to a Writing Map where I discovered this quotation. An attractive and useful distraction for anyone interested in writing – or maps.

 (And there’s a clue to where I’m going in these maps)

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Good luck with taking a break, Linda. I'll be interested in hearing whether or not you accomplished it. I tried and even though the fingers were well rested, the brain was on overdrive :) Have a lovely time wherever you may be.

Susan A Eames said...

Have a good break - I agree with that quote, but sometimes you really do have to force yourself to stop and give yourself time to recharge the writing batteries.

Jan Baynham said...

Have a lovely break, Linda. Even though you don't intend writing, I'm sure you will have something from your holiday that will crop up unexpectedly in your writing in the future.

Friko said...

When is a writer not writing?
When the writer suffers from writer’s block. (blog?)

Have a good break.